Moving interstate involves items being transported large distances in as quick a time as possible. Even the best removalists have unavoidable accidents. Not every scenario can be anticipated and avoided.

So, it makes sense that you protect your goods with moving insurance.

There are 2 fundamental types of moving insurance:

Standard (specified events)

This covers damage to your goods in 4 specified events – fire, flood, truck overturning and collision.


This insurance covers you if your goods suffer accidental damage.

At MoveState, we are authorised representatives – meaning we are able to discuss and arrange moving insurance for you.

As a general rule, we think comprehensive moving insurance (which covers accidental damage) is a good idea for interstate moves.

Leave a comment